Posted | 8 Comments
MW3 Rumor – New Team Perks and Killstreaks
Rumors are starting to come in. The most interesting one we’ve seen this week is regarding perks and killstreaks.
First of all, Infinity Ward’s twozerotwo has confirmed via Twitter that there will be no Stopping Power, One Man Army or Commando Perks in MW3. As well as that, i’m sure most of you will be pleased to here that he has also confirmed there will be no Tactical Nukes. You know, the killstreak that required 25 consecutive kills and then the game would instantly finish, so removing that is definitely a popular move by Infinity Ward (in fact I have no idea why they implemented it in MW2, but oh well).
Now, on to the rumors. It is said that the MW3 killstreaks and perks are getting massively tweaked by Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer Games. Check below for a full list of the new killstreaks and perks below:
- Airdrop Trap: Drop a rigged care-package that will kill whichever enemy tries to steal it.
- Ammo Resupply: No idea why they’ve added this in. I dont think you will ever see anyone using it.
- Directional UAV: Like the typical UAV from the other Call of Duty games, but it will only scan specific areas.
- EMP Grenade: Disables all electronic devices in the area (most players worst enemy from MW2).
- Escort Drop: We’re guessing this will be a typical care package drop, but with an added sentry gun for protection just in case you come under fire trying to get it.
- Littlebird: A manned helicopter.
- Precision Airstrike: Airstrike a specific area of the map.
- Remote Mortar: Use a variable zoom camera to call in a mortar strike (hopefully this will be more useful than the Black Ops’ mortar strikes).
- Specialist Strike Package: We’re guessing it’s like a Emergency Airdrop from MW2, but perhaps you have a choice of what gets dropped?
- Stealth Bomber: Airstrike which your enemies wont know is coming.
- Assassin: Similar to Cold Blooded from MW2. Invisible to UAVs, Heartbeat Sensors and Thermal Scopes. Pro version will make you invulnerable to EMPs and Counter UAVs.
- Blast Shield: We guess it’ll make you more resistant to explosives.
- Blind Eye: Makes it impossible for killstreaks such as helicopters to spot you. Pro version allows your launchers to lock onto enemy aircraft quicker.
- Dead Slience: Makes your footsteps silent.
- Health Regeneration: We guess players will be able to regenerate their health over time? Supposedly this will be implemented as a team perk.
- Point Guard: Every two assists will combine to make a kill – adding to your killstreaks.
- Recon: We’re guessing it will allow you to hold your breath longer when sniping.
- Stun Protection: Makes you more resistant to flash and stun grenades.
I can see many of these perks causing some complaints from players such as Health Regeneration but i’m sure Activision will have some tricks up their sleeves as usual to balance things out.